Monday, September 12, 2005

Joe Ranft, R.I.P.

Joe Ranft, of Pixar, died at the age of 45 on August 16, 2005, in a car accident. I didn't know Joe, but as an animation fan in general, and a Pixar fan in particular, this is horribly sad news.

I keep away from the news, in general, so I didn't find out until just minutes ago. I feel for his friends and family, and know that Pixar will have a hard time living up to his legacy. He was the head of story on several films, which for Pixar, is just about the most important position there is. His work includes other films like Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and The Nightmare Before Christmas.

BoingBoing.net has a page in memorium, which links to a Hollywood Reporter page on the accident and Ronnie Del Carmen has an entry in his blog.

Rest in peace, Joe, and thanks for all the good work you did for us fans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home